Wednesday, February 8, 2012

SJ Cabin Scenery Update

Since I posted a portion of the Part 4 update over on the Model Railroad Hobbyist forum, there's been an interesting discussion regarding dirt and gravel road, including some shots of the beautiful dirt roads that Charlie Comstock did on several of his modules. You can see the discussion and the photos here: http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/6741?page=2.

Based upon the comments and discussion, I made some changes to the dirt road and gravel area around SJ Cabin. I am reasonably pleased now with the color and texture variations, which you can see in the photos below.



















































As I mentioned in the post on the MRH Forum, my interest in this project is waning and I'll come back at a later date and add the final details. My next project is 3 Atlas wide vision cabooses that have been painted for the home road and are ready for weathering. Once these are complete, I'll post a blog that compares them to the caboose seen in the photo above. It's one of 4 Athearn wide visions cabooses that I heavily modified back in the mid-1980's. While they have stood the test of time in terms of appearance, they were five times the work that the Atlas cabooses have been. More to follow on this project.

1 comment:

  1. Maine Central boxcar! Nice!

    Seriously though, I was just getting caught up on your postings. Changes to the scenery have really added a lot of 'texture' to the pictures with varying colors and materials - great improvement. Also you culvert and stream bed look really great.

    On another note I enjoyed the MRH Podcast interview you did a while back. Just listened to that the other day and it was nice to get more of your background.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete